Career Changer

Online Searching

The oil & gas industry is constantly recruiting, with over 375,000 people currently employed in the UK alone, it’s a very large and vast industry to be involved with.

One of the biggest misconceptions of the oil & gas industry is that all or most of the roles are based offshore.  Only 10% of the industry in the UK is based offshore, leaving 90% of over 375,000 roles based onshore.

There are a number of ways to search for employment opportunities in oil & gas.  Once you have discovered the role or discipline that suits your skills set and knowledge, you can start applying for positions.

The Talent Retention Service is a helpful online tool if you are looking for engineering or manufacturing roles.You can register an online profile or upload your CV and the site will match you to available jobs that may be suitable, and you can also search for current roles.

Most oil & gas organisations will advertise career opportunities on their own websites so it’s important to check these regularly.

Trade associations may also advertise available opportunities for their members.

The Talent Retention Service is a helpful online tool if you are looking for engineering or manufacturing roles.You can register an online profile or upload your CV and the site will match you to available jobs that may be suitable, and you can also search for current roles.

A number of oil & gas organisations will utilise the services of employment agencies to manage their vacancies – these be national companies or local to an organisations office.

It’s worthwhile registering with local agencies and discussing your experience or ambition with a recruitment advisor.

Oil & Gas Skills Navigator is supported by:

Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce (AGCC)
DECOM North Sea
Engineering Construction Industry Training Board (ECITB)
International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC)
LGE-NOF
Offshore Contractors Association (OCA)
Oil & Gas UK
OPITO
SCDI
Skills for Energy
Subsea UK